Monday, October 22, 2012

Swamp Rabbit South

Grill Mark's Pimento Cheeseburger

Outside seating is open to the elements
 Lunch today was at the new burger place along main street, Grill Marks. I had a pimento cheese burger, fries and a chocolate milkshake. Then off to rent a bike. Last month, I rode the northern half of the Swamp Rabbit Trail up past Furman to its end in Traveler's Rest. This time, I went south to Lake Conelee. The lake seemed more like a swamp to me, hence the name of the trail, I guess, but the ride was great! One of the advantages to weekday layovers is fewer people out and about, and I had the trail pretty much to myslef. Beautiful day, temps around 70 degrees, and relatively low humidity, for once. As I rode past Major Anderson's F-86, I asked the construction crew if it would be ready for the rededication on Saturday. Their reply was a nervous "yes." We'll see!
Southern Swamp Rabbit
Fall color


No comments:

Post a Comment